All units will be built to a high specification to achieve BREEAM ‘Very Good’ status. There is power capacity of over 5MVA to the site which makes it ideal for production facilities.
Buildings can be tailored to suit occupiers’ exact requirements in respect of general items such as: office content; staff welfare facilities; heating, lighting, sprinklers and vehicular loading arrangements. More specific criteria such as increased floor loading and machine pits can also be accommodated.
Mucklow and their professional team can work directly with occupiers to design and install their Cat B fit-out within the production and office space to ensure a cost effective and seamless transition to their new facility.
• Steel portal frame with eaves heights of 10m – 12m to suit end use
• Colourcoat steel cladding system with 25 year guarantee
• Triple skinned roof lights to a minimum of 10% of floor area
• FM2 floor slab with minimum uniformly distributed loading of 50kN/sq m
• Rack leg loading of 5.0 - 7.0 tonnes depending on eaves height
• Surface and dock level loading doors to suit
• Secure fenced yards with depths of 35m – 50m
• Double height reception area
• Enhanced cladding and curtain walling to improve natural lighting with brise soleil to reduce solar gain
• Full raised access floors with floor boxes at 1:10 sq m
• VRF comfort cooling and heating
• LG7 Office lighting with automatic movement and daylight controls
• 8/13 person passenger lift
Parking spaces at a ratio of 1:560 sq ft or better.
Mucklow Park i54 comprises a 15 acre (6 hectare) site located at the gateway to the wider i54 scheme and is ready for immediate development. It can accommodate up to 265,000 sq ft in buildings from 40,000 to 160,000 sq ft. With outline planning already in place bespoke buildings can be provided within 10 – 12 months of agreement of terms with an occupier.
i54 is prospering as part of the wider West Midlands ‘Renaissance’ which has seen direct foreign investment in the region increase by 38% in the last year alone and export growth soar by over 100% in the last five years. Staggeringly, nearly 20% of everything the UK exports to China is from Jaguar Land Rover.* In other words, it was probably made in the West Midlands – the region remains the beating heart of British manufacturing.
The region’s access to global markets requires excellent connectivity and the prime location occupied by Mucklow Park i54 provides this. It plugs directly into the national motorway network at a point that brings the ports of Liverpool in the north and Bristol in the south both within 2 hours drive. Wolverhampton city centre is a 10 minute drive from the site and just an hour and half from London via rail. Birmingham airport is just over 30 minutes away.
There are over 3 million people of working age within a 20 mile radius of i54. Of these, over 2.7 million have qualifications above NVQ level 2 and 24% have a degree or equivalent qualification. The West Midlands is the manufacturing heartland of the UK economy. This brings with it a workforce well adapted to flexible working and with a wide ranging set of production skills.
The West Midlands has 10 Universities, 8 Science Parks and 2 of the UK’s top 5 business schools.